For safeguarding your privacy and personal information
The Speakmans and Mental Health Media
The Speakmans office is committed to ensuring your personal information is secure at all times and that you have a clear understanding of how and why we use your personal data.
You can find out more about your rights under the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) here.
How we use your information
Your information is only used by The Speakmans office in response to an email enquiry from you about their services and, or to keep you updated with workshops, events, services and new releases.
Contacting us by email
The Speakmans/Mental Health Media stores your emails on one computer so we can keep you updated with workshops, events and new releases as requested. We only keep your initial email enquiry and therefore any personal data is kept to a minimum.
We will use your name and email address to provide you with details of events, workshops and new releases. You will be able to unsubscribe from these at any time by emailing [email protected]
Our online services should only be used by individuals aged 13 and over.
Sharing your information
We do not share your information with any other company.
The scope of our privacy notice
This privacy notice applies to anyone who interacts with us about our products, workshops and services by email and through our website.
This privacy notice applies to you if you ask us about our workshops, events and services. It describes how we handle your information, regardless of the way you contact us.
If you have any further questions about this, please contact us at [email protected]
How we collect your personal information
We only hold your enquiry email on one computer in our offices which is protected by passwords, firewalls and camera security systems on our premises. Staff are trained to ensure these protections are observed.
Where you have provided us with information about other people, you must make sure that they have seen a copy of this privacy notice and are comfortable with you giving us their information.
We collect personal information from you through your contact with us.
We do not collect information from other people or organisations.
Standard Personal Information
- We hold only your email enquiry and the contents of your email therein.
- Contact information, such as your name and email address.
- The country you live in and your age if included in your email enquiry.
- Details of any contact we have had with you, such as workshops or events.
Marketing and preferences
We may use personal information to send you details of workshops, events, new releases and services.
We can only use your personal information to send you marketing material if we have your permission or a legitimate interest.
We do not use your information for any other direct marketing profiling (the automated processing of your information to help us evaluate certain things about you).
Processing for profiling
We do not use your personal information for profiling.
By law, we must tell you, should we ever decide to use:
- Automated decision-making (making a decision using technology, without any personal involved); and
- Profiling (automated processing of your information to help us evaluate certain things about you, for example, your personal preferences and your interests).
This is because you have certain rights relating to both automated decision-making and profiling. You have the right to object to profiling relating to direct marketing.
How long we keep your personal information
We keep your name and email addresses only to allow us to update you with details of events, workshops, new releases and services.
As you requested details of our services, we will keep this information until you request for it to be deleted.
Accidental data leaks
All employees have been made aware of the importance of securing data and have been given the procedures to follow in the event of an accidental data leak.
You have the right to access your enquiry email to ourselves and delete your records entirely if you wish to unsubscribe.
You have the following rights (certain exceptions apply):
- Right of access: the right to make a written request for details of your personal information and a copy of that personal information
- Right to rectification: the right to have inaccurate information about you corrected or removed
- Right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’): the right to have certain personal information about you erased
- Right to the restriction of processing: the right to request that your personal information is only used for restricted purposes
- Right to data portability: the right to ask for the personal information you have made available to us to be transferred to you or a third party.
- Right to withdraw consent: the right to withdraw consent you have previously given us to keep in touch. If you withdraw your consent, this will not affect the lawfulness of The Speakmans/Mental Health Media providing updates of events, workshops, new releases and services prior to the withdrawal of your consent and we will let you know if we will no longer be able to provide you with your chosen service.
Please note: Other than your right to object to the use of your data for direct marketing (and profiling to the extent used for the purposes of direct marketing), which we do not use, your rights are not absolute: they do not always apply in all cases and we will let you know in our correspondence with you how we will be able to comply with your request.
If you make a request, we will ask you to confirm your identity if we need to, and to provide information that helps us to understand your request better.
In order to exercise your rights please contact [email protected]
How to contact us
The Speakmans/Mental Health Media is responsible for ensuring your personal information is managed correctly.
Changes to this policy
If we change the way we process your personal data, we will update this policy.
If we make significant changes, we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know.