Even those who believe they have no confidence, are confident at something, and this alone is something to proud of.
As human beings, we are not born with or without confidence.
Confidence is a feeling we obtain from:
- I know I can because I have always been encouraged
- I know I can because I have been taught to believe in myself
- I know I can because I have never felt judged negatively
- I know I can because I have been taught to be confident
- I know I can because I have been taught that the very worst that could happen is that I will learn from my mistakes
- I know I can because I have been taught to make light of my mistakes
- I know I can because I have done this before
- I know I can because I have perfected it
- I know I can because this is my skill
- I know I can because I do this all the time
- I deserve praise for my skills
- I deserve to be appreciated
- I deserve to be happy
- I deserve to stand out
- I deserve to be outstanding
This means that you don’t have to feel confident to LEARN confidence. It is not something that you’re either born with or without. Confidence is something that you can develop and grow through your life experiences, through practice and through learning that you deserve to feel your confident best every day.
Extract from our book, Everyday Confidence. Please keep an eye on our TikTok channel for new uploads every week, with specific videos on confidence. Also, we’d love to see you at one of our upcoming workshops this year, where we go into much greater detail on our approach, tips, techniques and methods.