Do you randomly get anxious, frequently in the day, and you have no idea why?
Are you looking for some simple and effective techniques to help reduce your feelings of anxiety?
If you’re familiar with our work, then you know that we always want to find the cause of your anxiety. You see if you find the cause, then you can then easily eradicate the symptoms.
Until you find the cause and or if you haven’t yet considered locating the origin of your anxiety, here are our 7 natural tips and techniques to help.
SEVEN TIPS TO REDUCE ANXIETY
- Reduce caffeine consumption – Caffeine can make you feel anxious and jittery when you’re actually not.
- Make sure you’re getting enough sleep – sleep deprivation is dangerous for both your mental and physical health. Furthermore it can lead to feelings of anxiety, depression and feeling like you’re out of control. It can also make you overeat. If you’re struggling with your sleep, we do have tips to help with your insomnia.
- Stay hydrated – It’s better for your health, as well as help combat your symptoms of anxiety. Actually, sipping on a drink can make you feel better.
- Exercise! It’s the best, not only does it positively fill up your time and give you a good distraction, it helps release endorphins which are anti-anxiety and anti-stress helpers
- Hug more! It releases a hormone called oxytocin which is known as ‘the cuddle hormone’! Studies have shown that if you hug someone for 20 seconds, it can help reduce your stress levels, anxiety and blood pressure. Now – 20 seconds is quite a long time, so make sure you’re cuddling someone you’re really in love with or care for.
- Sing! Again, it helps you to release those feel-good hormones. (Although don’t listen to Nik’s singing, as that will definitely give you anxiety!)
- Practise mediation and mindfulness – A lot of people don’t know where to start with meditating, but we have a really helpful video on our YouTube which will help you begin meditating effectively.